Awakening the Conscious Man – May 2022
‘Awakening the Conscious Man’ is an experiential workshop facilitated by David Mallard, President of Melbourne Men’s Group, with the amazing and deeply experienced MMG team, supported by the wonderful psychologist Chris Caldwell. You will take an extraordinary journey – navigating through your internal world, we will deeply explore modern masculinity, encountering the often hidden dimensions of your ‘self’, celebrating your unique qualities and delivering practical strategies for directing your life in a more balanced, authentic, and joyful way.
During this experiential workshop we will explore:
- The context of our culture and the ‘mania of modernity’
- Modern masculinity leveraging ‘The Man Box’ research
- Emotional Intelligence, your default behaviour & communication style and its effect on all of your relationships
- The nature-based map of the human psyche
- Deeply stored emotion including grief and shame
- Meditation and deep imagination
- The uplifting power of acknowledgment and appreciation
- Altered states of consciousness and lots, lots more!!
This is a two-day non-residential workshop, from 9 AM – 6 PM to be held in Melbourne in the conference room of Currawong Bush Park in Doncaster East. (Currawong has approximately 55 acres of bushland to wander).
Date: Saturday and Sunday, May 21-22, 9 AM – 6 PM
Venue: Currawong Bush Park Conference Room – 277 Reynolds Road, Doncaster East (near the start of Springvale Road).
Investment: your time and $450
◊ Chris Caldwell is a counselling psychologist, supervisor, teacher and group facilitator with over forty years of experience in the field of healing and personal development. Chris has explored and trained in diverse fields during his practitioner career including the body-mind model of Wilhelm Reich, formal meditation and yoga training in Australia and India, extensive practice in dreamwork and depth psychology as initiated by Carl Jung and extended into the transpersonal work of Stanislav Grof. Amongst other things, Chris currently teaches transpersonal counselling at the IKON Institute of Australia.