“Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.”
– Brene Brown
Healthy boundaries are an essential aspect of living a fulfilled life and unfortunately are often an overlooked aspect of the spiritual path. When we do not have the ability or insight to set healthy boundaries we end up divorced from ourselves
This may come about through subtle but powerful Self-forgetting behaviors such as people pleasing, anxiety about the judgements of others, taking responsibility for others’ emotions, over-giving or merely being unable to ask for one’s needs to be met, or the inability to say ‘no’.
At the extreme end of the spectrum, an inability to set boundaries will open one to traumatisation through dominating behavior, co-dependency, addiction or violence.
Many overcompensate – setting overly rigid and inflexible boundaries, which block the natural flow of love, energy and consciousness, ultimately also creating a separation from Essence.
In this workshop you will learn how to set healthy boundaries that are based on Self-awareness and connection to one’s power, that have the right amount of flexibility and yet can be fiercely defended.
Through a variety of fun exercises, discussion and reflection, you will experience how having healthy boundaries actually increases freedom and the capacity for connection, with Self and others.
You will leave the workshop with an embodied understanding of which parts of you seek to Self-sabotage, and how to begin shifting these patterns. Most importantly, you will leave the workshop with a powerful sense of Self-honoring and a dedication to your own well being, physical and emotional safety, and spiritual growth.
Join us to learn
- The many ways we allow our boundaries to be crossed and impinge on others. The spectrum ranging from physical to emotional to mental to verbal to energetic.
- The root causes for having difficulty in setting boundaries and the transformation of these seeds.
- Deep understanding of why setting boundaries is crucial to your health, relationships and evolution.
- Learning various ways boundaries can be set.
- Bringing awareness to where in your life your boundaries are lacking or you cross others
- How to listen to your body’s wisdom
- The difference between Physical, Emotional, Mental, Energetic & Spiritual Boundaries
- How to honour the boundaries of others and do the inner work surfaced ie. triggers or difficulties around that.
- Spiritual Bypassing as an excuse for lack of boundaries.
- Discussing cultural standards, myths & ways of thinking that discourage boundaries for example within Tantra.
* Disclaimer: This workshop is not a substitute for personal therapy *
We understand that sometimes circumstances happen that are out of our control. If you find yourself unable to attend the event, please contact us as soon as possible and let us know why.
Here is our general policy:
- 72+ hours notice: Full Refund
- 24-72 hours notice: Credit towards another offering of ours valid for 1 month
- Less than 24 hours notice: No refund
Amitayus is a Trans-personal Psychotherapist, as well as a Tantra and Yoga Teacher, specializing in Relationship as Spiritual Path and the Individuation Process. The values that he holds dear, and emerge in all his offerings are: deepening consciousness, loving connection, and adventurous exploration.