Gathering Men – On Country – Spring 2023
Listening, sharing, healing. Releasing what no longer serves. Expanding hearts & minds. Loving life. Join us on the journey.
Arrival: 1:00 pm Friday 13th October 2023 • Departure: 3:00 pm Sunday 15th 2023.
This Spring Gathering begins on a Friday afternoon & runs through until Sunday afternoon.
Enabling us the time to slow down, connect & journey deeply together. All attendees must be available for the duration of the gathering.
We’d love you to join us on this journey.
Together, we’re going to hit pause and look at what’s going on in our lives.
Bringing our focus & attention to all that we love. Acknowledging & releasing what is getting in the way.
- This is a time to slow down & breathe easier.
- To tread lighter & drop deeper.
- The confidentiality of all that is shared is assured.
- We welcome all who identify as men, 21 years of age & over, from all walks of life & persuasions. Encouraging & embracing diversity & inclusiveness in all its precious forms.
We are inviting up to 16 men into this sacred circle. Your attendance is confirmed once your ticket is purchased.
It honours our time & energy in crafting, catering & delivering the gathering itself. It acknowledges the energy that our First Nations Brothers & Uncles bring.
And contributes towards the ongoing development of our work.
- Experience tells us that less is often more.
- Our gatherings are small, safe, focused & intimate.
- Spaces are limited. Attending a gathering is a big decision
- Each man must decide himself when he is ready.
- Resist the temptation to purchase a ticket for another man without his agreement.
REFUND / CANCELLATION
Within reason, refunds &/or date changes are not possible once payment has been made. You may however sell your ticket to another man.
FIRST NATIONS WISDOM
We acknowledge the traditional owners of the land we gather on. Sacred Djaara – Dja-Dja-Wurrung Country. Always was, and always will be.
- On this land, the Djaara people performed age-old ceremonies of celebration, initiation & renewal.
- We honour their living culture & a deep connection to their Country.
- Our deep respect for elders past, present & emerging.
- It is not guaranteed that our Elders will always be available to attend our gatherings.
- Their presence with us in the circle is a deep privilege rather than a given.
- We do all that we can to have them safely alongside us. We always pay the rent – acknowledging their time & energy.
We are very much looking forward to this gathering of men.
If you have any questions, please contact Brett Ellenport on 0414 827 556 or Andrew McSweeney on 0408 170 769.
Provide these details to your loved ones so they may contact us during the gathering in case of an emergency.
WHAT TO BRING
We camp under the stars.
- Please be prepared for all weather conditions.
- It can be warm during the day & cool at night in the Central Highlands of Victoria.
- Bring clothes for both warm (hat, sunscreen, sunglasses etc) & cool conditions (rain jacket, jumper, fleece, scarf, beanie, warm sock & boots, etc).
- Please bring a swag or tent, sleeping mattress, sleeping bag, extra blankets, pillow, torch, water bottle, folding chair, walking boots, bathers & towel, and musical instruments.
We have a number of high-quality fully enclosed double & single Southern Cross Canvas swags for hire.
A cash fee of $50 for a roomy double & $40 for a comfortable single swag.
If you would like to reserve a swag, pls contact Brett at 0414 827 556.
- Mattresses provided.
- Please bring your own fitted sheet, pillow & bedding.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Pets, Mobile Phones, Alcohol, Drugs, Cigarettes / Vapes, Coffee, Food, Sweets.
- This event is fully catered in our bush kitchen.
- We will be catering for & providing up to 6 vegetarian meals and healthy snacks across the gathering.
- If you have any specific dietary requirements, please advise early.
- We are blessed with fresh rainwater & mineral water on site.
LOCATION / DIRECTIONS
tanderrum, 181 Lithia Lane, Shepherds Flat, VIC 3461
For those of you visiting tanderrum for the first time, the easiest way from Melbourne is this. Over the Westgate Bridge, exit at the Western Ring Road, then on to the Western Freeway. Exit onto Ballan-Daylesford Rd (C141) & head up to Daylesford. Right at the Howe St / Raglan St round-about then a left up at the Midland Hwy. Turn left into Carroll’s Lane off the Midland Highway just after passing Lalgambook (Mt. Franklin). Left into Lithia Lane. Travel about 1.65km, past the large holding dam on the left. Head down through a little dip in the road then enter the first driveway on the left with a stone wall entrance. Look for the signs that say tanderrum & “181”. Follow the driveway till you arrive at the shed. Park. Turn your phone off & put it in the glove box. Get out & breathe the rarified air.
Carpooling is a fine idea.
The Gathering Men Team