TRE Workshop BRISBANE 1-Day
Please Note – this TRE workshop may need to be conducted online via zoom if Covid lockdown is reinstated
This 1-day introductory workshop is open to both health professionals & the general public & teaches TRE as a self-care technique for ongoing personal use.
CERTIFICATION TRAINING PREREQUISITES – This 1-day workshop counts as a prerequisite workshop to apply for the 2021 professional certification training program with details available here. You are able to attend either a 1-day workshop such as this one or a 3-week online course as the prerequisite workshop for the certification training.
TIME: 9.00 am – 3.30 pm (Registration open from 8.30 am)
LOCATION: Crows Nest Centre, Ernest Place, Crows Nest, NSW, 2065
PRESENTER: TRE Certification Trainer Trainee Emiline Duncan (supported by TRE Certification Trainer Richmond Heath)
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS SUITABLE FOR:
This workshop is suitable for beginners & is open to anyone wanting to learn TRE for their ongoing personal use. People who have already learnt TRE are also welcome to attend with re-attending discounts available
During the workshop, TRE will be taught as a self-regulated technique for people without any major medical or mental health concerns.
If you have any major medical or mental health conditions, have a history of complex or severe trauma, are pregnant or have any concerns about your suitability to learn TRE in a group environment, please complete this pre-screening form before registering for the workshop.
Early-bird registration – $295 – before Friday, March 5th
Full-price registration – $345 – up to & available at the workshop
Concessions – a 10% discount is available to holders of Government accredited concession cards by entering the word concession in the coupon code.
Re-attending discounts – a 66% discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 day or longer TRE workshop (or 3 weeks guided online course) by selecting the re-attending ticket.
Cancellation Fees – an administration fee of $50 applies to cancellations prior to the day of the workshop. Non-attendance or cancellations on the day of the workshop will incur a fee of 50% of the ticket price.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN (6 contact hrs):
- de-stigmatising & reframing shakes & tremors as a positive recovery resource
- the role of neurogenic movement in reducing stress, physical tension & chronic pain how traditional cultures have used neurogenic movements for health, healing & spirituality
- morning TRE session – Quickstart TRE (invoking tremors lying on the floor)
- the 3 states of the nervous system & how tremors help reconnect us with our body
- the role of fascial unwinding in restoring natural movement patterns
- afternoon TRE session – Quickstart TRE (with additional positions &/or lead in exercises)
- neural plasticity & how to get the most out of TRE through ongoing use
- Please note – the workshop syllabus will be adjusted according to the needs of the group. An overview of the Certification
- The training program will be presented during the last 1/2 hr of lunch for those who are interested. For an introduction to the
- the trauma-informed theory behind TRE, watch this 5-minute presentation on The Neurobiology of Resilience & TRE
WHAT TO BRING:
wear loose comfortable clothing to perform simple exercises in
a thick yoga mat, air mattress or thick blankets to comfortably lie on a hard floor for up to 1/2 hour.
pillows or cushions or anything else you require to be comfortable on the floor or longer
a light blanket for rest times
notepad and pens if you want to take notes
any snacks you require – there will be a short break in the morning & afternoon tea time but no food or drinks provided
BYO lunch or walk or drive to local shops and cafes
Contact Richmond on Ph. 0409 357 964 for more information about this workshop.